Wednesday 22 April 2020

Learning Words....

This morning for my sons "formal" school activity we typed four of his tricky words into the computer together - we picked the words together too so a mixture of ones he did know and ones he didn't.  We then chose crazy fonts for each and sized them so that they used an entire sheet of A4 paper.  I then strung them up over our swing as we had to shout out a word and try and hit it with a ball - it worked really well and was really good fun!
I then cut up a couple of extra versions as jigsaw puzzles that he had to reassemble...

This afternoon we're working on number patterns so I'll let you know how that goes.

My son is very resistant to doing anything to do with school so we're trying a new thing of aiming for two 30 minute "formal" school sessions a day.  Today is the first day so fingers crossed it continues as well as it's started.

How is your home schooling going?

No comments:

Post a Comment